Well, you can clean up this mess by having your browser open new stuff in tabs instead of separate windows. Just configure tabbed browsing for your browser of choice. After that, new tabs open within the same browser window, where you can easily navigate and view all your apps in one place!
Use Google Chrome!The easiest way to start using tabbed browsing is to use Google's Chrome browser where new pages open in tabs, by default.
Otherwise, below are instructions for enabling tabbed browsing in Internet Explorer (IE) 8.
Enable tabbed browsing for Internet Explorer 8
These instructions are very similar if you are using Internet Explorer 7
- Close all Internet Explorer window except for one - don't forget to save your work first
- Click Tools > Internet Options
- On the General tab, click Tabs (Change how web pages are displayed in tabs), click Settings
- On the "Tabbed Browsing Settings" dialog box, select the Enable Tabbed Browsing checkbox.
- In the “When a pop-up is encountered:” section, select Let Internet Explorer decide how pop-ups should open.
- You can also click When a new tab . . . Choose Your home page first
- You can also click
- Click OK on each open dialog box to close
- Close Internet Explorer and reopen it and try it out!