Thursday, July 17, 2014

ADD ONE GOOGLE DOC TO MORE THAN ONE FOLDER

NEW GOOGLE DRIVE TIP #4:

I always keep my Google Drive very organized.  I have folders named and color code the folders. Lots of my docs relate to more than one topic, so I like to put the file in more than one folder.  With the old Google Drive, it seemed very easy--simply hold down the Shift key and click on the folders you wanted. However, change has happened. I am not sure that I like the change. Seems like you have more clicks and I feel like it will take some time to get used to the steps and shortcut keys needed to move a file to more than one folder.  

To move a Google Doc into one folder do this:

  1. Click once on the file 
  2. Use the More icon on the toolbar at the right side.  It looks like 3 dots. Clicking the "Move to" icon gives you the option to move the file into a folder
  3. Move the file to the folder you want the doc in
  4. Go to the file in which you just moved the doc into
  5. Hold down the "Shift Z" key combination and the "Add To" option will appear (instead of "Move")
  6. Now select the additional folder that you want the folder to be in 



No comments:

Post a Comment