I always keep my Google Drive very organized. I have folders named and color code the folders. Lots of my docs relate to more than one topic, so I like to put the file in more than one folder. With the old Google Drive, it seemed very easy--simply hold down the Shift key and click on the folders you wanted. However, change has happened. I am not sure that I like the change. Seems like you have more clicks and I feel like it will take some time to get used to the steps and shortcut keys needed to move a file to more than one folder.
To move a Google Doc into one folder do this:
- Click once on the file
- Use the More icon on the toolbar at the right side. It looks like 3 dots. Clicking the "Move to" icon gives you the option to move the file into a folder
- Move the file to the folder you want the doc in
- Go to the file in which you just moved the doc into
- Hold down the "Shift Z" key combination and the "Add To" option will appear (instead of "Move")
- Now select the additional folder that you want the folder to be in