Tuesday, July 1, 2014

MOVING AND FILTERING GMAILS

In my last blog, I described how to create and color a new Gmail label.  I hope you have had a chance to check it out and give it a try.  Now that you created that label, how do you move those emails to the new label?

One way to move the email to the label is to go to the toolbar above your emails.  Click the folder and find your "My New Label" folder.  The email is moved to that label.  If you have further correspondence within this email, it will appear in your inbox with the "My New Label" folder to the side of the email.  If you colored the label, it will appear colored.

You can also drag the email to the left side of the window and simply drop the email into the "My New Label".


You can also FILTER these emails.  What does FILTER mean?  When you filter emails, you are setting up an automatic place for certain (filtered) emails to go when you receive them.  Each time I get an email that relates to "My New Label" I want it to "go" to that label.  Click on the MORE button on the toolbar, and click Filter messages like these.


The box below will appear.  First make sure that the email is from: the correct person.  You can set up more filtering helpers by filling in any of the other boxes. Then click Create filter with this search and a another box will open.


Check out the short video on how to create the filter.
\






No comments:

Post a Comment