Have you checked out the LABS available in Gmail? If you haven't, you are missing some pretty cool stuff. Labs are experimental features Google releases for users to enable and test. They may change, break or disappear at any time. Labs are a great way to add additional features to your Google Apps account.
To find the LABS go to the gear (located in top right corner). Click Settings. Click Labs. Search through the list or key in the name of the lab you want to use.
HERE ARE MY TOP 5 FAVORITE LABS:
- Right Side Chat - Moves your chat window to the right. This lab is great because it prevents your chat list from getting lost beneath your labels list.
- Undo Send - We've all been there: you spend half an hour writing a strongly worded email, hit send and realize you probably shouldn't have sent it. Thankfully there is Undo Send. Once you Enable this lab, you can change the number of seconds you have to undo send by going to the General tab in your Gmail settings. You can change the Undo Send time to (5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds).
- Inserting Images - Enabling this lab allows you to insert images into your Gmails. **Note -- If you are using Chrome, you don't need this lab enabled--you can simply drag and drop images right into the Gmail window.
- Google Docs Gadget - Adds a box in the left column of your Gmail which displays your Google Docs. Shows recent and starred docs, also lets you search your docs.
- Quick Links - Adds a box to the left column that give you 1 click access to web site links. You can use it for saving frequent searches, important individual messages, and more.
IMPORTANT: You must SAVE (bottom left of Labs screen) if you Enable any labs.